Get our powerpoint presentations to your inbox daily: Suscribe


Download details

Paris Aux alentours du Palais-Royal

(1 vote)

Originally called the Palais-Cardinal, the palace was the personal residence of Cardinal Richelieu. Construction commenced in 1633 and was completed in 1639; Richelieu lived only three years after that and upon his death in 1642 the palace became the property of the French Crown, acquiring the new name Palais-Royal. After Louis XIII died, it became the home of the Queen Mother, Anne of Austria, her advisor, Cardinal Mazarin, and her young sons, King Louis XIV and Philippe, duc d'Anjou. During the Fronde, the royal family fled there for safety.
From 1649, the palace was the residence of the exiled Queen of England, Henrietta Maria of France, and her youngest daughter, Princess Henrietta-Anne of England, who lived there at the invitation of her nephew, King Louis XIV. The two had escaped England in the midst of the English Civil War. Henrietta Anne was later married to the king's younger brother, Phillipe de France, duc d'Orléans.


Découvrir Paris (series)

Les églises de Paris (series)

Découvrir Paris - Rive Gauche (series)

Bonjour Paris - tour de ville


File name 19.aux_alentours_du_palais-royal..ppsx
Size 10.06 MB
Downloads 846
Created 07-12-2022
Created by michaelasanda

Report this pps


comments powered by Disqus